It’s unfortunate that so many people suffer from a lack of self esteem. Just take a look at the amount of crime that exists, the number of women and men who stay in mentally, emotionally and physically abusive relationships and all the people who are afraid of following their passion. It takes a strong sense of self to be able to stand up for yourself and to be and feel empowered.
We often hear the phrase “being empowered.” What exactly does that mean and how can you feel empowered to Live Your life Miraculously?The simple definition of empowerment is having power. Another way to put it is having inner strength and resiliency – the ability to overcome obstacles and to be able to move forward in life.
Here are some helpful tips to develop your miraculous and empowered self.
- Pardon yourself & reappraise the situation Even criminals on death row get pardons! For a variety of reasons the average person is so hard on themselves when they feel as if they’ve made a mistake. And to make matters worse, we believe that others might see us as foolish. Flip the switch and find something empowering from the experience. What did you learn from the situation?
- Accept and love yourself as you are unconditionally. I think it’s wonderful that we have the desire to improve ourselves and in fact that is a basic human characteristic, to be “productive”. But let’s quiet that committee in our head that is continually criticizing. The inner critic that says we’re not good enough or smart enough. Stop the monkey mind chatter
- Be free to be yourself without the need for the approval of others. This is a real hot button for many people. Of course we’re in this world together and there’ s nothing wrong with getting input from others…. at times. But too often we go around asking everyone “What do you think? What do you think? What do you think?” We’re terrified of making a decision ..or making a mistake. We hold back our real feelings for fear of being rejected. So, release the need to be all things to all people.
- Allow yourself to say “Yes. Saying yes to offers from others to assist you. Say Yes to taking some “Me” time….without feeling guilty. Saying yes to yourself in some form of self pampering is very empowering
- Allow yourself to say “NO.” This is a difficult word to say, especially for women. But, give it a try! You don’t have to say yes to every request that is made of you. I promise that you won’t make life long enemies. And if you do… well it’s likely they didn’t care that much about you anyway.
- And above all, acknowledge your uniqueness! YES, YES! We are all so very unique! There never has been nor ever will be anyone exactly like you. Honor that, love that and explore that about yourself.
“You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”
Louise L. Hay, Best-selling Author of “You Can Heal Your Life”